Unaccompanied Children: How to Help
These resources offer specific suggestions for ways to help unaccompanied children, as well as the names of organizations who can offer additional legal and social services.
How to Help
For concrete ideas on how you can help unaccompanied children, take a look at these recommendations from individuals and organizations working on the ground.
The following organizations provide a range of services to unaccompanied children and their families, including legal services, support for families both in the U.S. and in Central America, and youth shelters.
- National Immigrant Justice Center: Unaccompanied Immigrant Children
- National Immigrant Justice Center: Resources for Children and Young Adults
- Southwest Key Programs: Immigrant Youth Shelters
- Diocesan Migrant & Refugee Services, Inc.: Unaccompanied Minors Program
- Kids in Need of Defense (KIND)
- Lutheran Immigration Services
- Refugee and Immigration Center for Education and Legal Services