- Getting to Know Your ELLs: Six Steps for Success
- Addressing ELLs’ Language Learning and Special Education Needs: Questions and Considerations
- A Hidden Language: Supporting Students Who Speak Mixtec
- Consider Culture Before Referral of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students for Special Education Services
- Finding My Way Books: Celebrating Children with Open Hearts
Research and Reports
From the Center for Parent Information and Resources: The IRIS STAR Legacy modules are meant to help train future teachers, administrators, and other school personnel. This module examines the ways in which culture influences the daily interactions that occur across all classrooms and provides practice for enhancing culturally responsive teaching. This module is a revision of ‘Teachers at the Loom: Weaving Together Culture, Family, and Instruction for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Exceptional Students.’
This resource section was made possible through our partnership with the National Education Association. Additional support was provided by the American Federation of Teachers.