In this section, you'll find ways to effectively reach out to English language learners (ELLs) and their families. All of these suggestions share the ultimate goal of improving your students' English, literacy, and academic achievement. The topics are:
- The Diversity of English Language Learners
- Learning About Your Students' Backgrounds
- How to Create a Welcoming Classroom
- Empowering Parents at Home
- How to Reach Out to Parents of ELLs
Find everything you need to carry out literacy workshops with Spanish-speaking parents in the AFT Teacher Toolkit!