- 8 Strategies for Preschool ELLs' Language and Literacy Development
- ELLs in Early Childhood Education: Recruiting Immigrant Families
- Education Policy and Our Perception of ELL Performance
- State Policies on Dual Language Learners in Early Childhood
- Early Learning Standards for English Language Learners
Books and Booklists
Guides and Toolkits
Research and Reports
- Providing a Head Start: Improving Access to Early Childhood Education for Refugees
- Early Literacy: Policy and Practice in the Preschool Years
- Early Education Programs and Children of Immigrants: Learning Each Other's Language
- Early Childhood and Family Investment Transition Report
- 30 Year Follow-up Study Shows Benefits of High Quality Early Childhood Care and Education
These policy recommendations from the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) outline best practices in assessing young ELLs, addressing the role of the home language, family involvement, and the qualifications of educators conducting the assessments. The recommendations are also available in Spanish.
Our policy section was made possible by a generous grant from the Carnegie Corporation. The statements and views expressed are solely the responsibility of the authors.