- 8 Strategies for Preschool ELLs' Language and Literacy Development
- ELLs in Early Childhood Education: Recruiting Immigrant Families
- Education Policy and Our Perception of ELL Performance
- State Policies on Dual Language Learners in Early Childhood
- Early Learning Standards for English Language Learners
Books and Booklists
Guides and Toolkits
Research and Reports
- The Effect of Attending Full–Day Kindergarten on English Learner Students
- The Long Reach of Early Childhood Poverty
- The Long Term Economic Benefits of High Quality Early Childhood Intervention Programs
- Providing a Head Start: Improving Access to Early Childhood Education for Refugees
- Early Literacy: Policy and Practice in the Preschool Years
These policy recommendations from the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) outline best practices in assessing young ELLs, addressing the role of the home language, family involvement, and the qualifications of educators conducting the assessments. The recommendations are also available in Spanish.
Our policy section was made possible by a generous grant from the Carnegie Corporation. The statements and views expressed are solely the responsibility of the authors.