School's over, but that doesn't mean that kids need to stop learning or reading! Summer is a great time for kids to read what they enjoy and to learn in new kinds of environments.
Learn more from Colorín Colorado's summer reading resources!
These articles offer great ideas for getting your child exciting about reading during the summer!
Summer Reading at the Library
These tips offers ideas for helping ELL families make the most of their local public libraries during the summer.
Tips for educators and librarians
Tips for parents
These articles offer ways to encourage learning throughout the summer with daily activities.
Booklists and Magazines
Fun Magazines for Summer Reading
Magazines can be a wonderful way to motivate children to read. Libraries may carry your children's favorite magazines, or you can order a magazine subscription.
Take a look at these bilingual magazines, as well as these popular magazines in English for kids.
Websites for Children and Families
If you're looking for some educational games online for your kids, try these websites!
English-Language Websites for Children
- PBS Kids — Games, activities, coloring worksheets, and music from your kids' favorite shows on PBS.
- National Geographic for Kids — Games, activities, photos, and information about animals, geography, and more.
- Cool Math 4 Kids — Fun math puzzles, games, and exercises for kids.
Bilingual Websites For Children
- PBS Kids: Maya and Miguel — Bilingual games and cultural activities from the popular PBS television show.
- PBS Kids' Island — Bilingual educational games for kids
- Childtopia — Games and activities including arts and crafts, worksheets, and reading, listening, and writing practice in English and Spanish.
Bilingual Websites For Families
Back to Top
You are welcome to print copies or republish materials for non-commercial use as long as credit is given to Colorín Colorado and the author(s). For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.