You Are Welcome Here: Supporting Newcomer Students in Dearborn, MI
Multilingual Tip Sheets
- A tip sheet in 16 languages, including Arabic
- An animated video available in 8 languages (featured above)
- An outreach guide with ideas for using the tip sheets and video series in family engagement
Learn how families can support their children's social-emotional health and find support resources in their home languages. This tip sheet is also available in 16 languages, including Arabic.
More from Dearborn, MI
Nadra Shami currently serves as a Language and Literacy SIOP Trainer in Dearborn, MI. The daughter of immigrants, Nadra grew up in Dearborn and her first job was at the school she attended as a child. In this article written for Colorín Colorado, Nadra explains how Dearborn is supporting its English language learners and immigrant students by developing staff capacity to serve a diverse student population.
How Salina Elementary School Is Helping ELLs Succeed During COVID-19
In this series, learn how school leaders and staff at Salina Elementary, featured in our documentary above, have been supporting students, families, and each other through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- "Grow As You Go": 10 Strategies for Supporting SEL for ELLs
- "Mental health comes first": A Principal Shares Her Priorities for This Year
- Supporting ELL Success with STEAM and Hands-On Learning
- Supporting Young ELLs' Success During COVID-19
- Prioritizing Social and Emotional Support for ELLs, School Staff and Families (Share My Lesson Webinar)