Recommended Books for Young Children
The following books for young children (babies, toddlers, and PreK/K) introduce a wide range of concepts, themes, and activities sure to spark lots of imagination, conversation, and learning!
Many of these titles feature a diverse range of children and families, and some are available in bilingual editions. They also provide great examples of ways to include culturally relevant and diverse content when teaching young children about new concepts.
Related resources and booklists
We have also included a number of related resources and books throughout the booklists, including the following:
- Reading Tip Sheets for Babies, Toddlers, and Preschoolers in 13 Languages
- How to Read With a Squiggly Baby (or Toddler!)
- Reading Rockets: Themed Booklists, Reading Adventure Packs, and Book/Activity Lists by Topic
- Children's Cooperative Book Center (University of Wisconsin)
- Illinois Early Learning Project