- Parent Tips: How to Monitor TV Viewing and Video Game Playing
- 5 Simple Steps to a Healthy Family Media Diet
- How to Read an E-Book with Your Child
- Kids Who Blog
- IF kids code, THEN...what?
Research and Reports
Recommended Resources: Online Safety
Common Sense Media: Parent Information
For more great recommendations on ways to help your kids use technology safely and effectively, take a look at Common Sense Media and its section on Parent Concerns.
KidsHealth: Online Safety Tips for Families
KidsHealth offers a number of articles for kids, teens, and parents about online safety, which are also available in Spanish:
- Tips for Kids: Your Online Identity
- Tips for Kids: Safe Cyberspace Surfing
- Tips for Teens: Online Safety
- Tips for Parents: Online Safety
This full-color, two-page brochure for parents and teens from the Washington State Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction is available in 9 languages. (See Internet Safety Brochure for links to all languages.)
This resource page from LAUSD includes bilingual activities, guidelines, and PSAs about cybersafety and bullying prevention.
The Internet Keep Safe Coalition (iKeepSafe), established in 2005, is a 501(c)3 nonprofit international alliance of more than 100 policy leaders, educators, law enforcement members, technology experts, public health experts and advocates. iKeepSafe offers videos in Spanish and Arabic on internet safety for parents and children.
Recommended Resources: Cyberbullying
This section offers guidelines for cyberbullying prevention, as well as strategies for addressing problems that arise and for monitoring online activity for potential problems.
KidsHealth: Articles for Families
KidsHealth offers a number of articles for kids, teens, and parents about cyberbullying, which are also available in Spanish:
- Tips for Teens: Cyberbullying
- Tips for Parents: Cyberbullying
- Tips for Parents: Helping Kids Deal with Bullies
This federal website is managed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and is fully bilingual. It includes a section on Cyberbullying.