Wildfires: Resources for Educators
The following resources offer multilingual safety tips and updates related to wildfires and smoke. This page is part of our natural disaster guide, Natural Disaster Resources for Schools: Partnering with Multilingual Families.
News and updates
- Wildfires delay beginning of school year for some rural California schools, some for the second year (EdSurge)
- Inhaling Wildfire Smoke May Have Contributed to Thousands of Additional COVID Cases (NPR)
Tips for schools
- How Schools Can Partner with ELL Families During Natural Disasters: Learn how schools can partner with multilingual families when preparing for and responding to natural disasters that impact the local community.
- How to Support Multilingual Families Displaced by a Natural Disaster: Learn how schools can support multilingual families who have been displaced by a natural disaster in another city or country.
Resources by Topic
Wildfires: Safety information
- Guidance for Staying Safe: Wildfires & Smoke in Multiple Languages (Oregon Health Authority)
- What You Should Know About Wildfires: Bilingual Information (National Child Traumatic Stress Network)
- Wildfire Safety (National Fire Protection Association)
- Wildfire Information (Ready.gov)