Paying for College
Like most students, English language learners will need help navigating the terrain of financial aid, especially if they are the first in their families to apply for college. These resources outline tips for helping students and families manage the process, as well as policy considerations for improving college access.
- Latino Student Success: Providing the Right Learning Opportunities
- Getting Ready for College: What ELL Students Need to Know
- Is a Two-Year College Right For Me?
- Getting ELLs on the college track
Susan Lafond: Preparing ELLs to Apply for College
What are the laws regarding financial aid for undocumented students?
Building relationships with high school ELL families
Research and Reports
- Perceptions of College Financial Aid Among California Latino Youth
- The Financial Aid Challenge: Successful Practices that Address the Underutilization of Financial Aid in Community Colleges
- The Rising Price of Inequality: How Inadequate Grant Aid Limits College Access and Persistence
- Barriers to College Attainment: Lessons from Chicago
- Higher Education and Children in Immigrant Families