Research and Reports
- Technology in Early Education: Building Platforms for Connections and Content that Strengthen Families and Promote Success in School
- Toolkit: Expanding access to meaningful learning for English learners through EdTech
- Always Connected: The New Digital Media Habits of Young Children
- Media, Technology, and Reading in Hispanic Families
Digital Citizenship in School
This section includes guidelines about "digital citizenship," a topic covering online behavior, strategies for evaluating online content, and school technology policies.
Common Sense Media offers this free Digital Literacy and Citizenship Curriculum to help educators empower their students and their school communities to be safe, responsible, and savvy as they navigate this fast-paced digital world.
Check out Edutopia's collection of articles, videos, and resources on cyberbullying, netiquette, and internet safety.
Screen Time & Talking About Technology
This section offers parents and educators tips for managing media in school and at home, including discussions about screen time and what is age and developmentally appropriate.
Growing Readers Articles & Blog Posts
These bilingual articles from Colorín Colorado and Reading Rockets offer parent tips on using technology with children, including ideas for reading and writing.
- Children and Digital Media: Rethinking Parent Roles
- How to Read an E-Book with Your Child
- Kids Who Blog
- IF kids code, THEN...what?
- Blog Post: Working Through Online Issues
Classroom Activities from KidsHealth: Managing Media and Screen Time
With video games at home, computers at school, and TVs just about everywhere, screens are hard to get away from. These discussion questions and activities from KidsHealth.org will help your students understand how and why to limit their screen time and how to choose active alternatives to sitting in front of screens.