A child's success as a reader begins much earlier than the first day of school. Reading, and a love for reading, begins at home.
Our tips for parents offer easy ways for parents to help kids become successful readers. Although we've divided these tips by age, many of them can be used with children at various ages and stages — we encourage you to choose the ones that work best for your child.
Here are some ways to help your child with comprehension:
- Tips for Parents of Preschoolers
- Tips for Parents of Kindergartners
- Tips for Parents of First Graders
- Tips for Parents of Second Graders
- Tips for Parents of Third Graders
Our parent tip sheets are available also available for download in twelve languages!