In My Neighborhood: Stories for Young Children
What is a neighborhood? These books encourage young children not only to think about the people and places in their neighborhood, but also to think about what turns a neigborhood into a community.
Illinois Early Learning Project
- Out and About with Preschoolers – also available in Spanish, Polish, Korean, and Chinese
- Neighborhood Geography with Young Children – also available in Spanish, Polish, Korean, and Chinese
- Who Are the People in Your Neighborhood? – also available in Spanish/Polish
- More themed booklists on cities and neighborhoods (Reading Rockets)
- Families and Communities: Activities and Books (Reading Rockets)