- Reader's Theater: Oral Language Enrichment and Literacy Development for ELLs
- Visual Thinking Strategies for Improved Comprehension
- Increase Student Interaction with "Think-Pair-Shares" and "Circle Chats"
- Cooperative Learning Strategies
- 5 Reasons Not to Use Round Robin Reading with ELLs
- Video Series: Engaging ELLs in Academic Conversations
- Socratic Circles and the Common Core: A Close Reading of the Text (Part II)
- Socratic Circles and the Common Core: An Introduction (Part I)
- Socratic Circles and the Common Core: Activity Ideas for ELLs (Part III)
- Using Pair and Group Work to Develop ELLs’ Oral Language Skills
Books and Booklists
Guides and Toolkits
Research and Reports
Teaching Diverse Learners: Oral Language Considerations for ELLs
This overview from Brown University's Teaching Diverse Learners website provides a helpful overview of the stages of ELLs' oral language development, as well as recommended strategies for addressing specific challenges.