Special Education and ELLs: Recommended Resources
Take a look at these recommended resources focused on special education and ELLs, including reports, books, and guidelines which provide detailed frameworks, and tools that can help support ELL success.
- Addressing ELLs’ Language Learning and Special Education Needs: Questions and Considerations
- A Word Beginning with "T": "Maestra"
- Finding My Way Books: Celebrating Children with Open Hearts
- Some Myths Regarding ELLs and Special Education
- Bilingual Students With Disabilities Get Special Help
- New CCSS Resources from Education Week and Understanding Language
- Assessment Initiatives: ELLs & the CCSS
- New from Diane and Colleagues! Evaluating ALL Teachers of English Learners and Students With Disabilities
Books and Booklists
Guides and Toolkits
Research and Reports
- Language and Reading Interventions for English Language Learners and English Language Learners with Disabilities
- Descriptive Study of Services to LEP Students and LEP Students with Disabilities
- Features of State Response to Intervention Initiatives in Northeast and Islands Region States
- English Language Learners with Special Needs: Effective Instructional Strategies
- English Language Learners with Disabilities: Identification and Other State Policies and Issues
These statewide resources, modules, and guidebooks also have extensive information, support materials, and translated forms regarding dually-identified students:
This resource section was made possible through our partnership with the National Education Association. Additional support was provided by the American Federation of Teachers.