Lydia Breiseth is Director of Colorín Colorado, which is a part of the Learning Media Department of WETA. In this capacity, Ms. Breiseth manages content, multimedia production, partnerships, and outreach for the website. Ms. Breiseth has presented Colorín Colorado’s resources at a number of national conferences, including TESOL, NABE, CABE, NAEYC, OELA, the AFT’s TEACH Conference, and the Latino Children’s Book Conference. Ms. Breiseth has published articles on a variety of educational and literacy blogs on behalf of Colorín Colorado.
Ms. Breiseth has taught both English and Spanish as foreign languages and spent a year in Ecuador teaching English to graduate students with the educational exchange program WorldTeach. Ms. Breiseth received her Bachelor's Degree in English with a Minor in Latin American Studies from Cornell University in Ithaca, NY. She lives in Arlington, VA with her husband and daughter.
- 10 Strategies Schools Can Use to Support Students After an Immigration Raid
- 10 Things You Need to Learn About Your English Language Learners
- 15 Tips for Talking with Children About Violence
- 20 Strategies for School Leaders
- 5 Myths About English Language Learners (ELLs) and Special Education
- 6 Strategies for Partnering With Families of English Language Learners
- Academic Language and ELLs: What Teachers Need to Know
- Addressing ELLs’ Language Learning and Special Education Needs: Questions and Considerations
- Communicating Important Information with ELL Families: Strategies for Success
- Connecting with ELL Families: Strategies for Success
- Native American Students and the Common Core
- Alignment: What's Happening in Your District?
- TESOL Discussion: What is the role of the ESL teacher in the Common Core?
- Lessons Learned from Earlier Standards Movements
- Webinar: Building on the Common Core State Standards to Improve Learning for ELLs
- Arts Education, the Common Core, and ELLs
- The Common Core in Albuquerque, NM