These books offer lots of ways to celebrate and give thanks, from indigenous perspectives on Thanksgiving to immigrant stories about the things for which we are thankful. Many of the books are also available in Spanish.
For more ideas on classroom connections, see the following:
- Re-thinking Thanksgiving (excerpt from Tips for Choosing Culturally Appropriate Books & Resources About Native Americans)
- A Culturally Responsive Approach to Discussing Thanksgiving in the Classroom
- Teaching Thanksgiving in a Socially Responsible Way (Teaching Tolerance)
- When Trivia Isn't Trivial (Teaching Tolerance)
- Thanksgiving Lesson Plans (Share My Lesson)
- Stories About Gratitude: Books for Kids