Let's take a breath. This is a lot to think about! As we mentioned in the beginning, an important first step is to focus on a few small changes that fit your population. Even small steps help set the right tone and show the students, staff, and families that ELL family engagement is a school-wide priority. One small success will lead to another and before you know it, staff members, parents, and students will be coming to you with new ideas and energy that you didn't know they had. Rather than building the plane and flying it at the same time, you may just find yourself flying a brand new plane!
- Which ideas would best fit your ELL population?
- Are there any that you could implement within the next month?
- What about in the next year?
- If you are only able to focus on one major area this year, which will be the most important/plausible within your school community?
- What are your next steps for getting started?
- Who will be your partners in this effort?
Are there any successes, ideas or resources you would like to share with our audience? Feel free to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org!